Motorola Scan Gun on scan submit RRS feed

• Question

• User1447854015 posted

Hi everyone,

I am developing a web app to use on my Motorola Pocket PC Scan gun. The browser used is IE Mobile 6.8. I have found out recently that javascript does not like to co-operate with the browser so I need another solution on how to submit the form on scan. At first I was trying to do onkeypress check to see if it was the enter key and then submit it that way, which works fine on the desktop version however not so well on the scan gun. If anyone has any ideas of how to submit the form after the scan not through javascript, or how to get javascript working properly on the scan gun that would be amazing!

Thanks for your time!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:29 PM

Answers

• User1447854015 posted

I found a work around, the device I am using has a function that allows you to tab or enter or both after scan. I used the tab indexs so when you scan it tabs from the textbox(after input) then hits enter on the button, causing the submit I wanted :)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:27 PM

All replies

• User1918766559 posted

Have you used any mobile.browser file in your application?  If yes, then check theck the browser section settings in mobile.browser.

<browser id="IEMobileNotAspNetAjaxCapable" parentID="IEMobile">
        <identification>
            <capability name="version" match="6\.8" />
        </identification>
        <capabilities>
            <capability name="supportsCallback"  value="false" />
            <capability name="w3cdomversion"    value="0.0" />
        </capabilities>
    </browser> 

This <browser> section has a regular expression that matches a user agent containing IEMobile 6.8, the Internet Explorer Mobile version on Windows Mobile 5.0 AKU 3.3 and later AKUs. If the user agent contains this value, specific capability properties are set back to the appropriate values for Internet Explorer Mobile on Windows Mobile 5.0.

The remaining <gateway> sections in the WM6Plus.browser file set those capabilities that may differ between different Windows Mobile 6 and Windows Mobile 6.1 devices. These <gateway> sections use header information beyond that available in the user agent. 

The first <gateway> section sets the color capabilities for the client device.

<gateway id="IEMobileColorScreenBitDepth" parentID="IEMobile">
        <identification>
            <header name="UA-COLOR" match="color(?'bitDepth'\d+)" />
        </identification>
        <capabilities>
            <capability name="screenBitDepth"   value="${bitDepth}" />
            <capability name="isColor"          value="true" />
        </capabilities>
    </gateway> 

Details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc546461.aspx  

Thanks,
    Anindita
    http://anindita9.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:17 AM
  • User1447854015 posted

Yes I do have the mobile.browser file and everything appears to be fine.

I did end up getting one of my panels to work with the enter and sumbit after scanning, but none of the other ones do. I achieved this by assigning tab indexes to the controls but it only works with one textbox/button. Any ideas?

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:22 AM
  • User1447854015 posted

I found a work around, the device I am using has a function that allows you to tab or enter or both after scan. I used the tab indexs so when you scan it tabs from the textbox(after input) then hits enter on the button, causing the submit I wanted :)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:27 PM