none
Why am I only able to create a Azure website in North Europe? RRS feed

• Question

• Why am I only able to create a Azure website in North Europe? I am sharing a Database with a friend of mine that is in the West Europe region. He can only create Websites in the West Europe region, I can only create Websites in the North Europe region.

We both have our 3-month-trial accounts.

What can I do to create my website in West Europe? And why is it blocked? My friend can deploy websites there, so I guess there are machines running :(

Friday, September 14, 2012 6:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Rolorob,

Windows Azure Web Sites is still in Preview... You should expect it being available in the remaining regions once it goes final.

Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo

Friday, September 14, 2012 8:16 PM
  • Hi,

I don't know the exact answer, but I would guess that happens because it is a preview. Another reason could be that you're using a trial (so Microsoft tries to reduce additional traffic - and with that additional costs).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

• Marked as answer by Rolorob Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:17 AM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Rolorob,

Windows Azure Web Sites is still in Preview... You should expect it being available in the remaining regions once it goes final.

Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo

Friday, September 14, 2012 8:16 PM
  • Hi,

I don't know the exact answer, but I would guess that happens because it is a preview. Another reason could be that you're using a trial (so Microsoft tries to reduce additional traffic - and with that additional costs).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

• Marked as answer by Rolorob Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:17 AM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 8:23 PM
  • I already thought so... But I was wondering if there was a way around it, because I kind of need it at this moment :(

http://bit.ly/RoloRun - My WP7-game!

Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:17 AM
  • I've got the same issue - I have 17 (yes 17!!!) other websites already deployed into the West Europe region in Reserved mode.

I can't deploy any more - seems like a platform issue!

Monday, February 18, 2013 4:46 PM
  • I have the same issue. I can create an sql database in west Europe, but no website. People advice to have it in the same datacenter, so if I can not create a website in that region, please disable the region in the database creation scheme.

Second: I have heard that west eu is in amsterdam and north in dublin. If that is true, I'd like to have west eu as default location, because I live in Holland.

Monday, June 24, 2013 9:15 AM
  • The preview ended yesterday, and I'm not using a trial account. Nevertheless I can't create a Web Site in West Europe.

To me, it's not only about the physical proximity. The last week's news about GCHQ's Project Tempora leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I'd prefer my data to reside on-shore...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/25/germany-uk-gchq-internet-surveillance

Friday, June 28, 2013 4:14 AM
  • Hi there,

I am having the same issue as Karl above. I need to create a website in West Europe. I can only create a website in North Europe. All my other services is in West Europe. I don't mind most of my services being in other regions, but I need my cloud, website and storage to be in one region because of the bandwidth costs involved.

Any ideas as to why this would be the case?

Edit: I am also not using a trail account.

Thanks,

Marais

• Edited by Marais van Zyl Monday, July 29, 2013 2:19 PM added more info
    Monday, July 29, 2013 2:19 PM