none
Agreements for unclassified category for device using WinUSB as device driver for WLP RRS feed

• Question

• I am using WinUSB as my device driver on Windows 7 and I want to submit my Device Driver for Windows Logo Program under Unclassified category.

I want to know what legal agreements are required to be signed considering WinUSB (Windows provided) will be used as device driver?

• Moved by Doron Holan [MSFT] Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:52 PM (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

In order to make a submission for Windows Logo/Certification you must sign at least two legal agreements.  The first is the Windows Certification Logo License Agreement.  The second is the Windows Hardware Certification Testing Agreement.  In order to sign them, a person must be logged onto the dashboard with permission to sign legal agreements. You can access the dashboard at Sysdev.microsoft.com.

Paul

Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:38 AM
  • Hello,

I am using Winusb as my device driver under unclassified category and I want to get
    my device driver digitally signed.

1. As per our understanding Windows Certification Logo License agreement is required only for classified category and
    our device driver is under unclassified category, Hence request to confirm that whether
    Windows Certification Logo license agreement is required or some other agreement is required.

2. As per above reply, request to please explain why Windows
    hardware certification testing agreement is required.

3. Also kindly let us know that for using WinUSB as device driver
     under unclassified category, whether WCPTA is required or not.
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:18 PM