Script files failed to load error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a package with a number of script components.  All are set "PreCompile=True".

Within a Sequence Container I have a set of five script tasks each followed by an Execute Process Task.  Each pair is linked but the five pairs are independent (hope this makes sense).

The first pair executed successfully but the other four all failed with the "Script files failed to load" error.

Anyone have a clue why this might happen or what I might change to solve the problem?

The package is scheduled under SS Agent so I'm currently thinking of taking these steps out of SSIS and putting them into the job.  Not ideal but at least I can have some confidence that it will work.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers,

Andrew

Friday, February 24, 2006 9:05 AM

Answers

• Go into the script tasks, click "Design Script...", when VBA opens close it down again.

This will *hopefully* recompile the binary code and the problem *should* go away.

If not, there may be something else going on here.

-Jamie

• Marked as answer by Bob Bojanic Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:36 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2006 9:12 AM

All replies

• Go into the script tasks, click "Design Script...", when VBA opens close it down again.

This will *hopefully* recompile the binary code and the problem *should* go away.

If not, there may be something else going on here.

-Jamie

• Marked as answer by Bob Bojanic Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:36 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2006 9:12 AM
  • Hmmm,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll give it a try but I suspect it may be a "something else".  If I copy the dtsx package to another machine and run it through dtexec the problem doesn't occur.

It's probably more of a concern if this does work as it suggests that within a package there's no guarantee that a given script component is compiled when the package is deployed.

Andrew

Friday, February 24, 2006 4:00 PM
  • Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? 

I am having a similiar issue.  I am executing several SSIS packages from within a SSIS package Script file (PreCompileScriptIntoBinaryCode=True) based on package names in a table. 

What makes my problem similiar is, it is always the 3rd package called that fails with this error.  These packages also have Script files (PreCompileScriptIntoBinaryCode=True).

This happens not only when called from Sql Server Agent, but also when run from within BIDS.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:09 PM
  • Anyone figure this out?  My script task is failing only when run under SQL Server Agent as a scheduled job.
    Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:38 PM
  • I don't have a resolution but it hasn't happened lately. 

Sorry not to be more helpful.

I'm not sure what's going to happen when the package needs changing.

Andrew

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:17 AM
  • In my case, it seemed that I had a stop for debugging within my script. When the package was running on the server it was failing with this error message, no problems when running on the client. So check you don't have any breaks within your script and it may do the trick!.

Panos.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 11:07 AM
  • For what it's worth, I had the exact problem.  Only failing under Sql Agent with "Script files failed to load".

I took Jamie's advice above, opened my script tasks and I clicked save.  Redeployed the package and it worked.

I am running on 64-bit itaniums w/sp1.  Also, I am running the job under the 'sa' account.

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 7:19 PM
  • I had the same problem and followed Jamie suggestion. It worked!!

I had copied sever scripts to my package and had not opened and saved to auto-recompile.

Thanks Jamie!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 2:06 AM
  • Thank-you Panos!

I was stuck on this also - so what to do when you hit this error:

1) Open Script in VBA editor

2) Remove ALL BREAKPOINTS - INCLUDING DISABLED ONES

3) Close the editor, saving the changes...

Done!

Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

does anybody know WHY this happens?
    I've run in this %$%$ issue several times and I really really hate it when this happens.

thnx
    Monday, April 27, 2009 10:10 AM
  • I just ran into this issue... It seems to occur when copying and pasting a script task.  Re-saving the scripts as mentioned above seems to correct the problem.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 4:32 PM
  • Is Re-Saving scripts the only option. Would any change at the server level be creating this problem. I'm asking this because our SSIS packages are scheduled through job and we have had no issues until when it started failing at a step where its creates a spreadsheet. Any advice would help.

thanks

Monday, June 14, 2010 4:45 PM