It was NEVER ready for release! RRS feed

• Question

• User900095987 posted

Hi Guys,

I've been right through the Clubwebsite forum over the last couple of days and would really appreciate some help from those of you who have trodden the same path. There appears to be many problems with the kit after install and it seems that although there are many fixes on the forum it would take ages to apply them all. Personally, I think MS should be shot for releasing this kit without proper testing. Providing a starting point is one thing - having to do so much work before you can start to further develop is another!

Having said that, I would really like to know if anyone has ever compiled a comprehensive list of bugs and fixes for the kit, or does anyone have a better non-sensitive working version that they would be willing to share? I have a non-paying job to do for a school web site and this would do the job nicely, but I can't afford the time to start from scratch.

TIA

Norman Grey

Thursday, February 1, 2007 5:21 PM

All replies

• User-1563988197 posted

I have started an issue tracker here for the bug fixes:

http://club.eagleenvision.net/

I hope to get some sort of system up for plugging those into the starter kit. I will try to work with MS on getting that up.

Thursday, February 1, 2007 8:14 PM
  • User-80939892 posted

DONE! 

I started with the club site quite some time back and found it to be a great starting point. Admittedly there were a few bugs that needed to be work out but this effort only enhanced my understanding of asp.net.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I have a test site loaded with a schools framework. You can look it over and if you like the features then I will get a copy of the code to you at no cost. You can use it as-is or make whatever changes you like. It may also have a bug or two so keep me informed if you find any…<o:p></o:p>

The test site address is: http://www.jeromessite.com

My e-mail address is: <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PersonName w:st="on">jeromevernon@sbcglobal.net</st1:PersonName> <o:p></o:p>

I will direct you to the code base if you send me an e-mail and request the framework.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Friday, February 9, 2007 7:41 PM
  • User-80939892 posted

FYI…<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I guess something changed on the host server (www.aspnix.com). <o:p></o:p>

I had to remove the Identity impersonate line from the web.config file.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

You may also need to remove the Identity impersonate line from your web.config file if you downloaded the schools website.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p><o:p>The test site address is: http://www.jeromessite.com

My e-mail address is: jeromevernon@sbcglobal.net

</o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p> 

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 1:50 AM