[WPSL] Error while uploading Windows Phone 8 XAP file to the store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm getting an error when uploading a WP8 XAP file to the store. The message just states "Error", so I'm not sure how I can rectify it. Here is the screen after uploading the file:

If I click on Resume, I get the screen below, but the validation never completes:

I don't think there is anything wrong with my new XAP file as I tried one which has already been published, but it now results in the same error. I’ve also tried the following without any success:

1. Different browsers: Edge, Chrome, Firefox.
    2. Deleting and creating a new submission.

Does anyone have any more ideas?

Regards,

Malumbo

Monday, June 20, 2016 9:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I finally found the root cause of the issue. The company firewall was blocking requests made to upload.xboxlive.com. The firewall has been updated and all is now well.

Thanks.
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:13 PM

All replies

• I've also tried creating and uploading a new Windows Phone 8 app.
    Monday, June 20, 2016 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

I am also trying to update my Windows Phone 8.1 app to app store with a new version, but getting exactly same issue. 

Have tried in different browsers, tried with the existing live app, but all result in the same "Error" message.

Not able to find out the root cause. 

Can someone from Microsoft support team, help us upload the apps. The issue has been observed since more than a week.

Thanks,

WP8Marko

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:10 PM
  • Have you reserved the app name? Reserve the app name then try to upload again?

http://www.dotnetspeaks.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:18 PM
  • Thank you  for your reply. But, I have already reserved the name for my application.  Please let me know if u have any other suggestions.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:34 PM
  • Thank you for the responses.

I had a chat with Microsoft Support yesterday and they suggested that it could be a network issue at my workplace. I tried the upload when I got home last night and it worked as expected. However, I still can't upload from my workplace this morning, so I'll be asking our IT Team to investigate. 

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:53 AM
  • Thank you for the responses.

I had a chat with Microsoft Support yesterday and they suggested that it could be a network issue at my workplace. I tried the upload when I got home last night and it worked as expected. However, I still can't upload from my workplace this morning, so I'll be asking our IT Team to investigate. 

Indeed, I spend my hole evening yesterday to try to upload my new xap package from my computer.

After reading this post, I used the network from my mobile phone to upload... and now it has been submitted

Refre c#.net rookie of the year

Thursday, August 4, 2016 10:51 AM
  • Hi,

I finally found the root cause of the issue. The company firewall was blocking requests made to upload.xboxlive.com. The firewall has been updated and all is now well.

Thanks.
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:13 PM