referencing a value held at Task 0 in project Standard RRS feed

• Question

• Other than using Title, Author or Subject in file properties, how can I refer to a value held in an custom field at Task 0 only and use it in a formula so that it appears on every row?
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 1:41 PM

Answers

• Stev,

Sorry but the only way you can do that is through VBA. Formulas in custom fields can only operate on data for the task row, they cannot reference data for or from other task rows.

What exactly is your end goal? With a little more detail and if your needs aren't too complex, I can write some VBA code if that will help.

John

Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:39 PM

All replies

• I didn't understand your question, do you have some value in a Custom Field for Task 0 that you want to use in Formula or what? Please also specify your Project Version.
    Sapna S
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:04 PM
  • Stev,

Sorry but the only way you can do that is through VBA. Formulas in custom fields can only operate on data for the task row, they cannot reference data for or from other task rows.

What exactly is your end goal? With a little more detail and if your needs aren't too complex, I can write some VBA code if that will help.

John

Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:39 PM