none
CETK - Windows Embedded Compact Test Kit fails to connect to hardware device RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using `Windows 7` OS. The device runs WinCE 6.0 BSP. For running `CETK` tests, I first connect the hardware device to the PC, boot it and wait until Active Sync gets established. I, then, open the `Windows Embedded Compact Test Kit` and select 'Mobile and Embedded Device' for connecting. Every time it fails, giving the error `Could not connect to the device`. But, the same is working in Windows XP. What might be the possible reason for not getting connected in Windows 7 OS?
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:01 AM

All replies

• Are you able to deploy any image to your device using Active Sync ?

I am not very sure but could be  the issue is related to CoreCon :

CoreCon files are installed to the development station as part of the Visual Studio installation, to the following directory:
    \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft shared\CoreCon\1.0\Target\WCE400\
    There are multiple sub-folders under the above directory, with folder name corresponding to the CPU, each contain separate set of CoreCon files to support a designated CPU.

In order to establish CoreCon connectivity between the Visual Studio IDE and target device, appropriate CoreCon files need to be placed to the device's file system or made accessible from the target device's file system.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/595251fb-4628-4c02-8481-1970d801c4d5/installing-embedded-compact-7-pb-breaks-coreconconnectivity?forum=vsdebug

http://www.embedded101.com/Blogs/SamuelPhung/tabid/72/entryid/231/AutoLaunch-for-Compact-7-v300-Updated-with-CoreCon-and-Remote-Display.aspx

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

• Proposed as answer by Keshava GN Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:42 AM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:53 AM
  • So, do you mean that, I will have to copy those files to the device through Active Sync, so that both the device and PC have the files for connection?
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:55 AM
  • Read the posts at the link provided for you.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:58 AM
  • Yes, I went through the links. They all mention about the copying of these files. But, I have a doubt. Based on those files, this seems like an Ethernet connection is required for that. But, in XP machine, it gets connected without any additional setup. Also, my machine previously had VS 2005 and WinCE 6.0 BSP with Windows XP OS. Then, everything was uninstalled and Windows 7 was installed and VS 2008 and WinCE 7 was then installed.  
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:16 AM
  • You may copy it manually to the device for testing.

But you can download CoreCon for WinEC7 and add it under your BSP project.

this will include the required files in your run time image.

On the PC make sure you have all the file as suggested in the post for CoreCon.

It is true that for VS2005 and WinCE6 we had no issue with CoreCon and connectivity.

--- misbah

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:31 PM
  • Yes, I have checked them. But I couldn't execute ConmanClient2.exe or CMAccept.exe 

I'm getting errors "Command cannot be executed"

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:10 PM