none
Entity framework connectionstring, what is correct format for Home property? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am trouble shooting a value called Home inside of my connectionstring for an entity framework container. Currently it is set to oraclient11g_home32. However that folder on my box is not on the root of the c drive. Does anyone have the correct format for this property. For example could it take a value like C:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_32 or is it supposed to be something else?
    Monday, January 9, 2012 6:24 PM

Answers

• Hi dharric72,

Forgive my dull, I'm not sure what's your meaning. Do you mean you want to modify the connection string, but you don't know what's the valid format? If I understand correctly, please refer to this link. The link is related to connection sting in Entity Framework and analyses all the section of the string. If I misunderstand, please feel free to correct me.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, January 13, 2012 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi dharric72,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Do you mean your database file is in one of your C driver's folder, but you don't how to connect to it? If I understand correctly, I suggest you to put your database file in your project's folder, then use relative path to get it. This is, no matter where the project your put, the path will never need to change.

Best Regards 

Allen Li [MSFT]
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:56 AM
  • No there is an attribute called Home in the connectionstring for my entity model. What does it mean? How is this path constructed?
    Friday, January 13, 2012 4:36 AM
  • Hi dharric72,

Forgive my dull, I'm not sure what's your meaning. Do you mean you want to modify the connection string, but you don't know what's the valid format? If I understand correctly, please refer to this link. The link is related to connection sting in Entity Framework and analyses all the section of the string. If I misunderstand, please feel free to correct me.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    Friday, January 13, 2012 6:38 AM
  • Hi dharric72,

Have you solved the issue? I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    Monday, January 16, 2012 1:54 AM