none
Hyper-V as User on Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I believe I'm having permission issues when attempting to use Hyper-V on Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro.  Hyper-V seems to install cleanly, and from an admin account I can use the Hyper-V Manager without issue and connect to a running VM.  However if I attempt to use the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection application from the same account, it reports "You do now have the required permission to complete this task..." And attempts to run either the Manager or the Virtual Machine Connection result in the same on a standard user account.  

Standard wisdom seems to be to add the user account to the "Hyper-V Administrators" group but when I've looked in the Computer Management utility and the group "Hyper-V Administrators" does not exist. I've tried manually adding full permissions to the WMI interfaces for CIMV2, StandardCimv2 and Virtualization namespaces through the WMI Control Properties interface. I've also added the user to the "Administrator" role for Hyper-V services in AzMan as a long shot.  Beyond this, I'm not sure where to go next.

The end goal is to be able to run the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection Utility from a non-administrative user. Any advice is appreciated.

-Matthias

Friday, April 10, 2015 7:29 PM