Group box for rows or columns layout RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have a good way of rendering (post-rendering) a group box around a columns or rows layout in a details or add/edit screen (single entity not a collection)?  I would like to group certain rows with a header and possibly a border, similar to the groupbox control for the SL client.  Thanks.
    Monday, June 22, 2015 5:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Hessc,

Do you want to split the properties of single entity into several group box as below image?

I divide the customer's properties into three parts. There are Basic Information, Contact Information and Record Information. The design view please refer to following screenshot. Every part around by a Group box. If any question, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, July 6, 2015 5:22 AM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:20 AM
  • Hessc, you could probably adapt my tab control code to do what you want or even just render a single tab: http://mhinteractive.net/blog/a-tabcontrol-with-one-line-of-code-in-the-lightswitch-html-client/

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Hessc,

Do you want to split the properties of single entity into several group box as below image?

I divide the customer's properties into three parts. There are Basic Information, Contact Information and Record Information. The design view please refer to following screenshot. Every part around by a Group box. If any question, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:20 AM
  • Hessc, you could probably adapt my tab control code to do what you want or even just render a single tab: http://mhinteractive.net/blog/a-tabcontrol-with-one-line-of-code-in-the-lightswitch-html-client/

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 10:33 AM
  • I am looking for something similiar, as single entities doesn't have the abilities to use tiles. 
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 3:48 PM