none
Can Someone Make A Plugin ??? RRS feed

• Question

• I was just wondering if someone could make a plugin so that one could use a 3rd party FTP prog that would link into Expressions Web 4 ?, kinda like what they did with Frontpage 2003 (but you were forced to buy it)... I think it would help out alot of people
    • Changed type 4Einc Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:44 PM
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:43 PM

All replies

• I'm curious about what you are asking for.  You can use a third party FTP now.  What would be the difference for a "plugin"?
    Friday, May 6, 2011 12:13 AM
  • well plugin or addon either or, so why create one ? so that expressions web can hold all the login info but you don't have to go through a long long wait when uploading a HUGE site.
    Friday, May 6, 2011 12:46 AM
  • EW already does that. Just set it up all the login info in Publishing Settings... in the Site menu.
    "If I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." Henry Ford
    Friday, May 6, 2011 2:42 AM
  • But that does not fix the long wait while EW sorts out potential conflicts (7 minutes on my site when publishing ALL pages. - FileZilla: 0 minutes). Worse when publishing changed pages, since it does this twice - once to find the changed pages/conflicts, then again to check when the Publish button is pushed.

FileZilla does do file comparisons, but it is not perfect, and, in my opinion, is awkward to use.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Friday, May 6, 2011 7:53 AM