none
User Groups and Permissions Disabled No Matter What.... RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone know why in Access 2010/2016 the Administer group permissions level functions are disabled no matter if it is Admin logged in with full permissions, and eevry other test user too, yet I cannot get the full Permissions buttons to enable?

Also as being "Run as Administrator"; nothing seems to get full permissions in a .accdb format db.

I know some security has chnaged I have researched this a day and still cannot apply any solutions found on-line. I cannot get Access to give me installer Admin permission in its own UI.

Anyone know what may be going on here?

Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:17 PM

All replies

• Are you attempting this in an .mdb database, or in a .accdb database?  User and Group Permissions derive from user-level security, which is not supported in the .accdb format.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:23 PM
  • Hi skyscraperfx,

Dirk Goldgar is correct, it is not supported in .accdb.

User-level security features are not available in databases that use one of the new file formats (.accdb, .accde, .accdc, .accdr).

You can continue to manage user-level security in database files that use an earlier Access file format (such as an .mdb or .ade file). We recommend this only if you already have a user-level security solution in place that you want to keep using.

Reference:

What happened to user-level security?

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 24, 2017 3:11 AM