none
Debugging WPF application with "Enabling native code debugging" is very slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to debug a mixed mode WPF application which has both C# and C++ code.

Further, I want to debug a crash caused from C++ side of the code and hence enabled native code debugging from project properties. With this flag selected, WPF application when ran with VS debugger is getting very slow.

At times, even clicking a button with native debug on is taking upwards of 30s.

Looking for recommendations from other members of forum who might have seen similar issue and have addressed it. 

Thanks,

Sanjay

Monday, January 20, 2020 10:38 PM

All replies

• Get a faster computer that has more CPU speed.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:33 AM
  • I do not think it is due to CPU speed being slow.

C++ application debugging works fine on my development system. Also debugging WPF with native debugging Off works fine.

However we have few C++ based dlls used in our WPF app and it is only when I have debug those by enabling Native Debugging for WPF application, app execution in Visual Studio becomes very slow.

Can other members debugging mixed mode WPF application share what has their debugging experience has been after enabling native debugging?

Also please share any suggestions on how to address this.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:45 PM
  • Hi,

C# vs C++ Performance

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/138361/how-much-faster-is-c-than-c

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 14, 2020 5:44 AM