Reports executed as NT Authority\Anonymous Logon RRS feed

• Question

• I have noticed that one of my new reports are being executed under the LoginName of NT Authority\Anonymous Logon and I can't figure out why. I assumed since the data source was set to NT Authentication, that the report would execute under the user account running the report.

Is there some setting that has to be turned off/on for it to use the users NT Account?

Environment is SQL Server 2008 R2

Thanks!

Frank
    Monday, October 24, 2011 2:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

Thanks for your feedback.

I would suggest you to store your windows credentials in Report server to have a try. Go to the home page of the Report Manager, find the data source of the relevant report, and specify the credentials for it.

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Zilong Lu Tuesday, November 1, 2011 1:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zilong Lu Monday, November 7, 2011 1:18 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:34 AM

All replies

• Is your SSRS server separate to your data source? Sounds like a double hop issues - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jgalla/archive/2006/03/16/reporting-services-and-windows-authentication.aspx
    David Stewart | My Microsoft BI Blog | @dstewartbi
    Monday, October 24, 2011 3:11 PM
  • SSRS is on another server, but I have Kerberos setup in my environment. I know that Kerberos is working because we have reports that are executing against SSAS and SSAS is on another server.

Any other thoughts?

Frank
    Monday, October 24, 2011 3:43 PM
  • Hi Frank,

Thanks for your feedback.

I would suggest you to store your windows credentials in Report server to have a try. Go to the home page of the Report Manager, find the data source of the relevant report, and specify the credentials for it.

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Zilong Lu Tuesday, November 1, 2011 1:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zilong Lu Monday, November 7, 2011 1:18 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:34 AM
  • When you say that you know it's working because reports are executing against SSAS, have you checked the account that's actually connecting to the SSAS server?
    David Stewart | My Microsoft BI Blog | @dstewartbi
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:35 AM