VS Visual Studio 2017 multiline search and spreadsheet RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to output the results of a multiline search in VS 2017 straight into a spreadsheet? My code will write out errors to a log and I need these errors listed so that someone can test my code against them. It would make life easier if I could do this by getting the lines I want put straight into a spreadsheet rather than trawl through and add them myself. Any ideas?
    Friday, October 6, 2017 5:14 PM

Answers

• Ok, I understand. I have tried something else now so will close question as answered.
    • Marked as answer by cb12__ Monday, October 9, 2017 10:01 AM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi cb12__,

thanks for posting here.

>>Is it possible to output the results of a multiline search in VS 2017 straight into a spreadsheet? My code will write out errors to a log and I need these errors listed so that someone can test my code against them. It would make life easier if I could do this by getting the lines I want put straight into a spreadsheet rather than trawl through and add them myself. Any ideas?

Could you please provide more information about your issue? Do you mean the Multiline Search and Replace extension?

This forum is about c++ development with Microsoft products, if it is, please post your question on its Q&A website. If you're dealing with third-party extensions, please post its own supported forum.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards.
    Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 9, 2017 6:00 AM
  • Ok, I understand. I have tried something else now so will close question as answered.
    • Marked as answer by cb12__ Monday, October 9, 2017 10:01 AM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 10:01 AM