Barcode Reader Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I need to use barcode  reader in my latest project. but  I haven't good knowledge how it works and how to do it. so, I need some help to do that. Can any one help me?

Thak You...........................

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 4:25 AM

Answers

•  

Normally , the most of the barcode readers do the decypher stuff inside them, so you only have to provide a texbox to read the barcode, just like if you where typing with the keyboard, so you have to make to code to respond or process the barcode once you have it in the texbox.

In the barcode reader documentation you can also find how to set up special properties to the scaner like, read only one barcode type , append prefixes , delay time between reads and so on.

So, like the other people said. take a look at the documentation of the scanner. but, maybe you only need to plug it and keep going with your program

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 2:38 PM

All replies

• A barcode reader is not really a standard piece of hardware, different readers work in different ways - some might attach to your computer via a USB port, others might connect via a serial port or via a parallel port or even via bluetooth or something like that. 

Whichever kind of barcode reader you have available to use, you should probably start by reading the documentation for that device.  If the barcode reader's manufacturer has a forum or other community that would also be a good place to get started. 

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 4:57 AM
  •  

Normally , the most of the barcode readers do the decypher stuff inside them, so you only have to provide a texbox to read the barcode, just like if you where typing with the keyboard, so you have to make to code to respond or process the barcode once you have it in the texbox.

In the barcode reader documentation you can also find how to set up special properties to the scaner like, read only one barcode type , append prefixes , delay time between reads and so on.

So, like the other people said. take a look at the documentation of the scanner. but, maybe you only need to plug it and keep going with your program

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 2:38 PM