none
Restrict user from closing a TaskPane App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am working on developing a TaskPane App in excel using Apps for Office. Is there a possibility of writing a piece of code or doing some customization where i can restrict user from closing a taskpane app that is present on his excel? If yes, please provide me with any pointers how i can achieve this.

Thanks in Advance,

Srini

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:22 AM

Answers

• Hello Srini! no you cannot achieve this programmatically.

One thing you could try is to 'lock' a task pane. This is useful if your app will be exposed as a template with an app embbeded on it, its still manual but you can probably share your template with app locked on it and it will be a bit more complicated for users to close it. To lock a task pane you need to go to the apps contextual menu on the top left of the body of the app and selecte 'Lock'.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Srini,

I'll try to get other people help. Please wait some time.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Hello Srini! no you cannot achieve this programmatically.

One thing you could try is to 'lock' a task pane. This is useful if your app will be exposed as a template with an app embbeded on it, its still manual but you can probably share your template with app locked on it and it will be a bit more complicated for users to close it. To lock a task pane you need to go to the apps contextual menu on the top left of the body of the app and selecte 'Lock'.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:32 PM