none
Application Failed To initialize error 0x00007b RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I developed a game, then I bought a new computer and when I open the .exe file, it says:

Application Failed To initialize error 0x00007b 

Many other applications based on .net are not running either.

The result of verification of .NET 2.0 SP2 and 4.5.1 are both succeeded.

Here is the log files of Visual Studio 2005 (http://1drv.ms/1uAtAKg) . Please help me to check it.

What can I do next.

Many thanks! ^.^

p.s. My computer is running in windows 8.1 x64

• Edited by Macbook86000 Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:51 AM supplementary
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 2:56 PM

All replies

• Are you trying to open a VS 2005 project on your new system, or are you trying to run an executable (.exe)?

If the former, please be aware that VS 2005 is not supported on Windows 8/8.1, and that may well be your issue. In that case, you should consider acquiring a VS version that is supported on Windows 8.1, then converting you project to that version. New VS versions still support .NET 2.0, so that will not be an issue.

Even when Windows Vista came out, there were limitations and issues with VS 2005, requiring that a special patch and SP1 be installed for VS 2005 to work correctly. Did you install the VS 2005 patch for Vista and SP1?

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:44 PM
  • Hi Macbook86000,

From your description, I see you have verified that the .NET 2.0 SP2 and 4.5.1 are both succeeded. I think the main reason is related with the .NET Framework. 

Even you have the 2 .NET Framework installed in your PC successfully. Do you know which version of .NET Framework your application is based on? Are your programs based on .NET Framework 2.0 sp2 or 4.5.1? You need to install the .NET Framework that your applications need or are based on first. If the needed .NET Framework isn't installed in your PC, you need to install it.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 8:32 AM
  • i tried to run the .exe file
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:52 AM
  • I tried to verify them and all of the result from .NET 2.0 to .NET 4.1.5 are all succeeded.
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:54 AM
  • Given that your .NET Framework installations tested OK, I don't think your issue is with .NET.

Please describe the project type that produced your .exe, the programming language used and the application deployment methodology you employed. This information will help to determine the best forum to help you.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:57 PM