none
Simulator not working for Visual Studio 2015 Update 2

Answers

• Hi Ayman Salem,

Actually you mean that you couldn't select the drop down list item "simulator" like the following screen shot, am I right?

Just to make this issue clearly, what is your real VS2015 version? Do you create a simple UWP app? Whether all UWP apps have the same issue? I test it using the default UWP project template in my VS2015 community or Enterprise with update 2 of windows 10, I could select it and run or debug my app.

Since you didn't really debug or run the app, but the "simulator" doesn't work in your side, I think we would think about the VS IDE.

(1) I suggest you reset your VS settings, and then create a new simple UWP app, check it again.

(2) Repair your VS, please make sure that you enable all UWP packages during you install it, you could click "modify" and re-enable them if you repair your VS, and then restart your machine, create a simple app, check the target again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 6:59 AM

All replies

• The simulator will run in a "virtual version of your machine" .  How much memory do you have?  I am guessing there is a memory shortage preventing the simulator from running
    Saturday, May 14, 2016 4:30 PM
  • Forgot to ask is there anything in the event log showing what is happening
    Saturday, May 14, 2016 4:31 PM
  • There is nothing showing in the event log, but there is approximately 2 GB free memory. The problem is that nothing happens when I click on the Simulator, no process happens; just the Local Machine is selected back in the dropdown menu.

Ayman Salem

Saturday, May 14, 2016 5:17 PM
  • Hi Ayman Salem,

Move to Visual Studio forum for a better support, thanks for your understanding :)

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, May 16, 2016 8:11 AM
  • Hi Ayman Salem,

Actually you mean that you couldn't select the drop down list item "simulator" like the following screen shot, am I right?

Just to make this issue clearly, what is your real VS2015 version? Do you create a simple UWP app? Whether all UWP apps have the same issue? I test it using the default UWP project template in my VS2015 community or Enterprise with update 2 of windows 10, I could select it and run or debug my app.

Since you didn't really debug or run the app, but the "simulator" doesn't work in your side, I think we would think about the VS IDE.

(1) I suggest you reset your VS settings, and then create a new simple UWP app, check it again.

(2) Repair your VS, please make sure that you enable all UWP packages during you install it, you could click "modify" and re-enable them if you repair your VS, and then restart your machine, create a simple app, check the target again.

Best Regards,

Jack

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 6:59 AM