none
Deploying the application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have finally designed my application (Windows app).  I have added a App.config file to have some application settings. Here i had path direcotry for template folder to save some documents.  I really thought when I deploy the application I'll have flexibility to change the file path whenever I want to without recompiling the app.  When I published the app and it created me the setup.exe file and some other files and a folder with version no.  I am using VS 2005 with C#.  Then I looked for the app.config file to change the path directory and I am not able to locate the file.  I have never done application deployment and this is my first time.  At least if I can prompt the user to enter the file path or locate the file path while installing the app, I have no idea how to do that. This being a big road block and defeats the whole purpose of the application.  I would like to get some help as i always get from this forum.  I appriciate if anyone can explain or show me some sample or any document how to deploy an app with prompting the user to enter application parameter OR how I can go change the values in the app.config file after published the application?  Please and thank you.
    Tuesday, January 16, 2007 5:12 PM

All replies