The database is not accessible (objectexplorer) RRS feed

• Question

• User-470894283 posted

Hi,

I tried to restore a database from a backup file in sql server 2008.

The restore of database is successful.

But When i try to open the database the error box is come out.

It said "The database (..) is not accessible (ObjectExplorer).

Please, can anyone one give me anyidea relating with this.

Thanks, Best Regards,

Junior1012

Monday, November 14, 2011 3:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• User1992938117 posted

First be sure its restored properly  using SQL Server management Studio, then try to connect your database using Server Explorer using .\sqlexpress as server name if you have sql server expression version else only use . (Dot)

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:01 AM
  • User-470894283 posted

hi,

I can't use sqlexpress because I have two main server one for the application and the other one

for sql server and all server are only local use and they have only window authentication use and 

no password for the login user. And then no sa account as well and I can't restore my back up 

database file to sql server. Its mean i can restore and the restorallaion is successful but there is 

no data at all which means database is plain no table, nothing. Please, could you give me any 

idea relating with this. Thanks

Best Regards,

Junior.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:13 AM
  • User1992938117 posted

no data at all which means database is plain no table, nothing. Please, could you give me any 

Be sure you have taken Full backup. And its not corrupted.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:18 AM
  • User1992938117 posted

Be sure you have taken Full backup. And its not corrupted.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:18 AM
  • User-470894283 posted

Yes, I did full backup database but it dose not work out. Everytime I try its plain.

I though may be the different user which means instead of using 

window authentication try to use sql server authentication but for the security reason 

my client dont want me to use the sql server authentication on his server. But even when I did

try to use sql server authentication with another login user and passwork, they not

allow me to restore the database which mean no file path to choose for my backup file. Or may be

the orphaned user like the other people say. I try second option but the server not allow

me to change the user which is come from the orphaned user code to change or to run.

Please, could you advice me any idea. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Junior. 

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:35 AM
  • User1999579388 posted

Hi junior1012,

You could use this method to copy database with data if you client allow you to generate scripts.

Reference: http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2009/07/29/sql-server-2008-copy-database-with-data-generate-t-sql-for-inserting-data-from-one-table-to-another-table/

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 10:46 PM