when im debugging program just closes RRS feed

• Question

• User-1257692402 posted

i made a program for school and it works perfectly on visual c++ 2008

but when i try to do the same thing in 2010 the debugg mode just closes even tho i dont have any errors or warnings

how can i make program to stop and wait for my instructions to close??

Sunday, May 18, 2014 7:50 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

What kind of application are you running?

If it's something like a Console application, you may want to consider writing out a message to ask the user if they want to exist and then reading their response through a Console.Read() line. Additionally, a Console.Read() line would require the user's input prior to exiting the application.

Are you using any breakpoints when performing this debugging?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 18, 2014 8:47 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

What kind of application are you running?

If it's something like a Console application, you may want to consider writing out a message to ask the user if they want to exist and then reading their response through a Console.Read() line. Additionally, a Console.Read() line would require the user's input prior to exiting the application.

Are you using any breakpoints when performing this debugging?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 18, 2014 8:47 AM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi bluenotex,

According to your description, I think you are debugging a console application.

As Rion said that you should have Console.Read() to achieve your requirement. For the Visual C ++ tool, it may add that code automatically.

If you set the breakpoints, please check whether these breakpoints could be hit.

Thanks

Best Regards

Monday, May 19, 2014 4:58 AM