Build a Vs package project in a team build RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a simple Vs package project and I want to launch a team build which has associated this project.

At first, the team build returned the following error:

D:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.Common.targets (85): The "VSCTCompiler" task failed unexpectedly. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path1    at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)    at Microsoft.VsSDK.Build.Tasks.VSCTCompiler.set_SDKVersion(String value)

D:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.Common.targets (92): The "SDKVersion=$(VsSDKVersion)" parameter for the "VSCTCompiler" task is invalid.

D:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.Common.targets (85): The "VSCTCompiler" task could not be initialized with its input parameters.

To solve this I have looked into the task associated with the target and I realised that the code use an enviroment variable to get the path of the VsSDKToolsPath. So, I have created the enviroment variable in my team build machine, but it returns me the following error:

D:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.Common.targets (85): Failed to load 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\bin\VSCT.exe' Assembly.

Here I´m at a loss because the path is correct and the vsct.exe exists.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Regards.

Friday, March 11, 2011 4:25 PM

Answers

• I haven't seen this problem but have you checked if the dependencies of vsct.exe are present? You can probably use depends.exe to see what those might be, or hook up a debugger to run vsct.exe against  a target file and see where it loads dependencies from and make sure the same paths exist on your build machine. I assume they should be co-located with vsct.exe, but they may be GACed (but perhaps not GACed on your build machine).

Ryan

• Marked as answer by Victor_Chen Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:40 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2011 5:11 PM