none
References to Bing Maps not working in Visual Studio 2013 - Bing Maps SDK for Windows 8.1 Store Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Under Visual Studio 2013 Professional Update 2, I'm trying to use Bing Maps, I created a new key, and proceeded to install the SDK for Windows 8.1. After installation I added the references, but when I add it , the two references have warning icon and the path is empty.

Furthermore I cannot proceed further to add the control to my page because it doesn't recognize the namespace

xmlns:bm="using:Bing.Maps"

I followed the instruction on this page Create an app with Bing Maps (for Windows 8.1)

EDIT:  I went ahead and tried building the project even with the warning on the references and I got this error for both references

Error 12 The processor architecture of the project being built "Any CPU" is not supported by the referenced SDK "Bing.Maps.Xaml, Version=1.313.0825.0". Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project (in Visual Studio this can be done through the Configuration Manager) to one of the architectures supported by the SDK: "x86, x64, ARM". 

So my next question is if I do go ahead and rebuild to one of those, how can I get my app to run on all platforms and use the SDK?  Or does it get recompiled specially for all platforms when published in the store?

• Edited by Sal_S Monday, April 21, 2014 4:01 AM
    Monday, April 21, 2014 1:34 AM

Answers

• You need to specify the CPU architecture to build the project against. The reason for this is that the Bing Maps SDK makes use of the C++ Runtime. Any time you write a C# or VB project that uses the C++ runtime you need to specify the CPU architecture and build the project against each one individually. When you publish it to the store you upload all three compiled versions of the app.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Monday, April 21, 2014 9:10 AM