none
Unable to Open a ASP.net Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am a newbie to the .Net application development. I have installed Visual Studio .NET 2003 on a Windows 2000 OS. I also have installed the IIS manager from the Pro CD.(I think the version of IIS is 5.0).

I need to do a VB.Net web application project. For that i perform the following steps:
    • Open Visualstudio .Net 2003 from the Start Menu
    • To start with it i select the New Project command in the Start Page.
    • From the options I select the Visual Basic Projects as Project Type and ASP.Net Web Application from the templates. I then select OK
    • Upon which i get the a error message that says "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web Server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET web application or services.
    Is there any other services need to be installed?

Can anyone please suggest a nice tutorial to carry out the development of VB.Net web application project.

Thanks,
    Jai.G
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This problem causes when Visual Studio.NET cannot find Web Server specified by Web Project, Web Server is stopped, or Project location is incorrect.

1. Your Web Server (IIS) doesn't register .NET Framework's ASP.NET mapping or cannot be found.
    2. .NET Framework 1.1 Runtime doesn't installed.
    3. Web Server specified by ASP.NET Web Project/Web Service Project is stopped or IP address cannot be mapped.
    4. Web Server specified by ASP.NET Web Project/Web Service Project cannot be found.

RESOLUTION

1. Your Web Server (IIS) doesn't register .NET Framework's ASP.NET mapping.
    A: Please open command prompt, and type "aspnet_regiis -i" to register ASP.NET mapping information. 

2. .NET Framework 1.1 Runtime doesn't installed.
    A: Please install .NET Framework 1.1 runtime.

3. Web Server specified by ASP.NET Web Project/Web Service Project is stopped or IP address cannot be mapped.
    A: Please check IIS's Web configuration, include IP Address and working status. If your network IP address already changed, you must change your Web Site's IP Address. (If you use "localhost" to create Web Project, you can do nothing.)

4. Web Server specified by ASP.NET Web Project/Web Service Project cannot be found.
    A: Please open your Web Project's solution file by using notepad (or other text editor), find your ASP.NET Web Project record, it will look like:

Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "StoreCSVS", "http://localhost/ibuyspy/StoreCSVS.csproj", "{0F54A7D0-B7C2-481F-8E75-9209BACF9779}"
     ProjectSection(ProjectDependencies) = postProject
     EndProjectSection
    EndProject

Edit the URL for this ASP.NET Web Project (e.g. update http://localhost/ibuyspy/StoreCSVS.csproj to http://192.168.0.182/ibuyspy/StoreCSVS.csproj ) , save this file and reopen it by Visual Studio.NET 2003.
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:51 PM