none
Data arrival slower when user gets close to Kinect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've noticed that when the user get glose to the Kinect, the reading of data becomes slower. Is it a known problem? Will it be solved in the final version of the SDK?

Thanks and regards

Monday, September 29, 2014 10:14 AM

Answers

• I've understood which is the problem... is simply the pc... I'm using an Asus VivoPc, and when I go close to the camera the reading of colorFrame becomes slower (in my application, not the ones of sdk).... this happens only on this pc, so probably it's not a problem of Kinect2...
    • Marked as answer by Tecnobody SRL Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:03 AM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 3:32 PM

All replies

• Not sure what you mean by 'data becomes slower' - however, are you pulling in the Color frames? It will automatically switch to 15fps from 30fps if there isn't enough light.  So it could be that when the user gets to close that they are blocking the light and thus the Kinect is switching down to 15fps.
    Monday, September 29, 2014 12:56 PM
  • I've understood which is the problem... is simply the pc... I'm using an Asus VivoPc, and when I go close to the camera the reading of colorFrame becomes slower (in my application, not the ones of sdk).... this happens only on this pc, so probably it's not a problem of Kinect2...
    • Marked as answer by Tecnobody SRL Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:03 AM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 3:32 PM