none
How to Integrate BaaN ERP with BizTalk Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi EveryBody,

I want my  BizTalk server 2009 to communicate with Baan IV b4 ERP system, Can some one please provide me with the Technical feasibilities to acheive this. As per my knowledge Iway adapter is one option to communicate with Baan but its every costly so I need some cost effective mechanisam.

Thanks in Advance,

Uday

Friday, August 27, 2010 5:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You could utilize the BizTalk WCF LOB Adapter SDK (available as a free download from MSDN) on which Microsoft has built the Adapter Pack 2.0., to build your own custom WCF Adapter for the Baan. ERP system.  This would be a very clear understanding of target system for which you are building the adapter.  Also, this would most likely be complex.  However, it is possible since Iway did it.

Thanks,

William

Friday, August 27, 2010 4:11 PM
  • Building a custom WCF LOB adapter is not very helpful if you do not know a lot about connecting to the target system. I would look for a web service option and just use web services until you are comfortable with them. Then later on you could build a custom adapter.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 4:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could utilize the BizTalk WCF LOB Adapter SDK (available as a free download from MSDN) on which Microsoft has built the Adapter Pack 2.0., to build your own custom WCF Adapter for the Baan. ERP system.  This would be a very clear understanding of target system for which you are building the adapter.  Also, this would most likely be complex.  However, it is possible since Iway did it.

Thanks,

William

Friday, August 27, 2010 4:11 PM
  • Building a custom WCF LOB adapter is not very helpful if you do not know a lot about connecting to the target system. I would look for a web service option and just use web services until you are comfortable with them. Then later on you could build a custom adapter.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 4:10 AM