none
sqlceme35.dll deleted occasionally on Boot of System on Windows CE 6.0 R3 RRS feed

• Question

• We have an ARM platform Running Windows CE 6.0 R3 with all QFEs updated until May 2012.  Our Image includes the Compact Framework 3.5 installed via the Catalog.  We build a BSP based on this and at a later stage the SQL cabs and a C# .Net Application will get installed into the platform.  The SQL Cabs and C# .Net Application both get installed into our NAND Storage at '\Flash Disk'.

The problem that we are seeing is that it appears that the 'sqlceme35.dll' is being deleted on a reboot of the system, this does not happen often and has never been reproduced in house.)  Upon receiving the device with the failure I was able to confirm that the SQL Registry was present and intact in the system but the 'sqlceme35.dll' was in fact missing from '\Flash Disk\SqlCe\core\v3.5\sqlceme35.dll'.

Has anyone encountered this issue before or one like it?  I validated the NAND flash on our device looking for Bad Blocks, Uncorrectable errors to the best of our ability and did not find any issues.

Thanks,

Brad.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:48 PM

Answers

• Any chance the user is deleting it? I don't recall the file actually disappearing, although any of the various registry situations could cause the SQL engine to be unusable (OS update changes registry checksum causing in-flash registry to be cleared to boot version in OS, etc.) I guess you could install a filesystem filter to capture any file deletes and see when and maybe who is doing it...

Paul T.

• Proposed as answer by Erwin Zwart Monday, December 17, 2012 6:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bradley Remedios Friday, February 22, 2013 8:07 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 8:51 PM

All replies

• Any chance the user is deleting it? I don't recall the file actually disappearing, although any of the various registry situations could cause the SQL engine to be unusable (OS update changes registry checksum causing in-flash registry to be cleared to boot version in OS, etc.) I guess you could install a filesystem filter to capture any file deletes and see when and maybe who is doing it...

Paul T.

• Proposed as answer by Erwin Zwart Monday, December 17, 2012 6:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bradley Remedios Friday, February 22, 2013 8:07 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 8:51 PM
  • Thanks Paul for your help, you're right in the next step, just gotta wait for a repro of the issue now I guess.

Monday, December 17, 2012 6:52 PM