communication between web applications of different ASP.Net version on same IIS RRS feed

• Question

• User-910957810 posted

Hi, it could be a difficult task but not for experts. My operating system is Windows Server 2003 Statndard Edition SP2, installed IIS 5.2 and i have installed both MS.Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0. I have written some web services in Delphi and Delphi needs ASP.Net 1.1, additionally i hvae written a web services in VB.Net using ASP.Net 2.0. I have also developed a web application written in VB.Net in ASP.Net 2.0. My web application calls web service (ASP.Net 2.0) and this web service calls the first web service (ASP.Net 1.1) written in Delphi. Until now i had installed web app and web service (ASP.Net 2.0) on one pc and web service (ASP.Net 1.1) on another pc. But now i want to install all of them on on pc, i.e., on one IIS. I have tried it but it did not work and i get error message

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the error message: -- <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>Server Application Unavailable <o:p></o:p>The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" but ....<o:p></o:p>

The error message i get on EventLog is:

It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:00 AM

Answers

• User2076344368 posted

Sounds like you have both the virtual folders configured to run one version on ASP.Net and under the same application pool? Make sure that you have to serperate pools setup and the virtual folders configured as applications with the right version of .NET selected and all should work fine.

Andy 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:12 AM
  • User-910957810 posted

Thanks. It was very helpful, i did it in two App Pools and it works. Thanks a lot.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:37 AM

All replies

• User2076344368 posted

Sounds like you have both the virtual folders configured to run one version on ASP.Net and under the same application pool? Make sure that you have to serperate pools setup and the virtual folders configured as applications with the right version of .NET selected and all should work fine.

Andy 

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:12 AM
  • User-910957810 posted

No, each folder is configured according to its related version on ASP.Net, .i.e., first web service is configured to ASP.Net 1.1 and second web service + web application is configured to ASP.Net 2.0. But what do you mean with 'under the same application pool'. How separete pools are created, could you please explain.

Thanks for help

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:02 AM
  • User-910957810 posted

Thanks. It was very helpful, i did it in two App Pools and it works. Thanks a lot.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:37 AM