none
Can one 3rd Party add-in hide tabs added by other 3rd Party add-ins? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a C++/COM add-in that produces a Ribbon with a subset of the standard Word controls. I would like this ribbon to contain only the controls I have placed there, i.e. not to contain tabs inserted by other 3rd party add-ins (e.g. Adobe PDFMaker). I can see how the user can remove these tabs using the Customize Ribbon functionality, but can't find a programmatic way to exclude the tabs from my own ribbon (modifying the XML to include <ribbon startFromScratch="true"> seems to affect only the built-in tabs). To be clear, I do not want to disable the other add-ins, only to exclude their tabs and menu items from my custom Ribbon. Can this be done?
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>To be clear, I do not want to disable the other add-ins, only to exclude their tabs and menu items from my custom Ribbon.<<

Based on my understanding, the customize ribbons are added to the specific ribbon via the idMso('TabAddIns'), if we dont't want to show the ribbon at the default tab we can assign an custom one for it. Here is the code for your reference:

<ribbon>
        <tabs>
          <tab id="myTab" label="myTab">
    </tab>
        </tabs>
      </ribbon>
    Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 4, 2015 8:41 AM

All replies