WCF: The caller was not authenticated by the service RRS feed

• Question

• User-2103146910 posted

Dear Experts,

i am facing an error that is answered already but i tested almost all solutions i found but could not resolve it so i thought i should provide my scenario to get the exact solution.

i am using wshttpbinding to create the WCF service that i tested in my machine; it is working as expected. then i deployed it in another (two) machines
    to test it as production environment but start getting error, "The caller was not authenticated by the service" on every service call. i tested it in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008.

i tested Security type "None" and "Message" but could get this issue resolved.

i want to use Messaage security type. please guide me the exact step by step ways that i should use to avoid this error. changes in like
    config file setting for client and server, IIS settings, pool settings, Windows settings on client and server etc. [that are using this service]

i believe the already available solutions are not enough and lack some settings somewhere discussed above.
    please help me as i am almost stuck here and i need to give the solution as soon as possible.

with many thanks

Monday, August 6, 2018 2:04 PM

All replies