Where are the media icons?

Question

• I'd like to have my app fit in with the shipped media player applications which have nice round icons etc.

However I've searched through the Segoe glyphs and I can't find these icons (a basic play and pause are in there, but without the enclosing circle and there's certainly no 'fullscreen' type button).

So my question is are these available as standard icons somewhere for us to re-use, and if so, where might I find them?

Friday, January 11, 2013 11:00 AM

Answers

• Found this after much searching; seems to have what I need so apologies for the thread clutter.

https://public.sn2.df.livefilestore.com/y1pl7VCp6vAciXSWnc1zMM8WieiOyQZZgyOUCvvpwaz2EnEqTPeUwQRTBfzJVZ5jJXk2Nt9GdaJ2A8C0kaEMpnqew/appbar.png?psid=1

• Marked as answer by MrChris2000 Friday, January 11, 2013 11:41 AM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 11:41 AM
  • You would typically compose the specific glyph with a circle (Segoe UI Symbol 0xE0A7) to form the full one.

The graphic you found shows the code for the non-enclosed glyph to composite with 0xE0A7 to get the final result. You shouldn't copy the rendered images from that bitmap to use directly, but use it to browse for the glyphs which are available in Segoe UI Symbol.

--Rob

Friday, January 11, 2013 7:49 PM

All replies

• Found this after much searching; seems to have what I need so apologies for the thread clutter.

https://public.sn2.df.livefilestore.com/y1pl7VCp6vAciXSWnc1zMM8WieiOyQZZgyOUCvvpwaz2EnEqTPeUwQRTBfzJVZ5jJXk2Nt9GdaJ2A8C0kaEMpnqew/appbar.png?psid=1

• Marked as answer by MrChris2000 Friday, January 11, 2013 11:41 AM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 11:41 AM
  • You would typically compose the specific glyph with a circle (Segoe UI Symbol 0xE0A7) to form the full one.

The graphic you found shows the code for the non-enclosed glyph to composite with 0xE0A7 to get the final result. You shouldn't copy the rendered images from that bitmap to use directly, but use it to browse for the glyphs which are available in Segoe UI Symbol.

--Rob

Friday, January 11, 2013 7:49 PM