none
How to find perticular cell got changed in excel table RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on following use case.

I have table on excel. User will change some cell values in table. I want to change the color of changed cells and need to read them and send back to database for update.

As of now I only got that onBindingDataChanged will only provide table name using table binding. But this will not provide the changed cell details.

Thanks in Advance.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am working on following use case.

I have table on excel. User will change some cell values in table. I want to change the color of changed cells and need to read them and send back to database for update.

As of now I only got that onBindingDataChanged will only provide table name using table binding. But this will not provide the changed cell details.

Thanks in Advance.

I am using Office Excel 2016 version for Office Add-in development
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:32 AM
  • Hi Rohit_B2017,

you had mentioned that you are using Binding.bindingDataChanged event

in that you can use the addHandlerAsync method of the Binding object.

then you can try to fetch AsyncResult.value.

Note:  What the  value property returns for a particular "Async" method varies depending on the purpose and context of that method. To determine what is returned by the value property for an "Async" method, refer to the "Callback value" section of the method's topic. For a complete listing of the "Async" methods, see the Remarks section of the AsyncResult object topic.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 5:40 AM