none
Date and Time / Timezone changes screw up git integration

Question

• I have noticed that there does not seem an easy way around this problem.

I want to test my application in different timezones and against different times.  But if I make changes while my computer is set to a different time or timezone, git seems to think there are either no changes since the last commit or it thinks there are still uncommitted changes after I commit.  It seems to completely screw up git if I change my timezone or date time..  I have tried all the ways around this problem I can think of but cannot resolve it?

Any tips?

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi msollicito,

According to your description, the commit feature of feature has been impacted by computer time zone. And here are my opinions:

1). We could delete the .git folder before you test your project. But please backup this folder. After testing, you could restore it.

2). Copy your project to a new folder, then test it. In this situation, it does not need git, you could delete .git folder.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:38 AM
  • Hi msollicito,

Please remember to mark a reply that help you resolved your doubts. Thank you very much :)

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 9:48 AM