none
Errors when migrating to Visual Studio 2015 on a windows 10 PC

Question

• Hi,

I have just received a shiny new PC loaded with Windows 10 from our IT department and downloaded Visual Studio 2015 express to the new system. When I tried to build my apps from studio 2010 I ran into compiler errors then when I try to build the simplest app ( a windows form with a control button and no other code) I get the same compiler errors, listed below

Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Source Suppression State
    Error  --- End of inner exception stack trace --- WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CommandLine.DesktopBuildClient.RunServerCompilation(RequestLanguage language, List`1 arguments, BuildPaths buildPaths, String keepAlive, String libEnvVariable, CancellationToken cancellationToken) WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoConfig.CreateFromName(String name, Object[] args) WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.BuildTasks.ManagedCompiler.ExecuteTool(String pathToTool, String responseFileCommands, String commandLineCommands) WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CommandLine.DesktopBuildClient.GetPipeNameForPath(String compilerExeDirectory) WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  at System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256.Create() WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  Unexpected exception: WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CommandLine.DesktopBuildClient.GetBasePipeName(String compilerExeDirectory) WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  at System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256Managed..ctor() WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 
    Error  System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms. WindowsFormsApplication5   Build 

Thursday, April 21, 2016 1:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Colin1960,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Firstly, There are some clarifications with you:

1.Could you open the project successfully in VS 2010?

If could, it means that the project you built is ok.

Else, the problem may be pending on the project itself.

2.There are three editions for express(Desktop, Windows, web), you need to make sure the VS edition you installed could support win form application(Desktop).

3. >> When I tried to build my apps from studio 2010 I ran into compiler errors then when I try to build the simplest app

Do you mean create a simple app in VS 2015?

If so, maybe it is related to the VS 2015 installation, you could  go to control panel or insert a good iso to repair your VS, check it again.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 22, 2016 8:24 AM