Sudoku is crashing. How do I reset it?

Question

• Trying to start Sudoku and it immediately crashes.   Last time I used it AFAIK I would have left a Success! (perhaps faded).

Faulting application name: Microsoft.Sudoku.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e4ee67e
    Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 6.2.8102.0, time stamp: 0x4e54484f
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000c123c

Crash happens so quickly that I can't even try killing it with TM.   In fact it appears and disappears in TM before its splash screen stops showing on my Tablet.

Oops.   I just realized I didn't try it on the main monitor.   It's working there.   So I have a workaround but I still would be interested in knowing how to deal with the general problem of resetting a metro app which immediately crashes.

ICIM screen resolution is the same as ever:   1280X800 primary (touch) and  1920X1080 (non-touch)

TIA

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:19 AM

All replies

• Robert Aldwinckle on forums,

Do you have another account setup on the machine?   If so, does the other account encounter the same error?

To reinstall a metro application at this time you will have to do a Push button Refresh of your machine.

(Let me know if you need instructions for that)

Also, Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

In case the link above gets messed up, the URL is below:

ADD1-RY34-K4T4
    (
    https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=ADD1-RY34-K4T4)

The last link goes to: How do I install the Windows Feedback Tool and file a bug

If there are any questions let us know.

Thanks

Chris
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:13 PM
  • To reinstall a metro application at this time you will have to do a Push button Refresh of your machine.

Yuck.   I will stick with my workaround thanks.   Once I got Sudoku working on the other monitor it has stayed working on both.  If I get another repeating crash in the same module I will report it then and refer to this thread for the first instance of it.

BTW does telemetry capture these at all?

Thanks

Robert
    ---

Saturday, November 19, 2011 9:21 PM