Menus and BreadCrumbs RRS feed

• Question

• User-326746839 posted

Hi,

Is there a control or way in automating your menus and breadcrumbs is ASP.Net Dynamic Data ?

Prvious examples use some libraries owned by CSharpbits and that create a little trouble for implementing ...

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador)

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:35 PM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

Hi Carlos, yes there is I have a sample on my blog however you cal alway e-mail me for the latest code which is also available from here my open source project. Eventually you will be able add any part to your site using NuGet :)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:44 AM

All replies

• User3866881 posted

Is there a control or way in automating your menus and breadcrumbs is ASP.Net Dynamic Data ?

Hello,

What do you mean by "automating your menus and breadcrumbs"?

Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:28 AM
  • User-326746839 posted

I'm talking about a way off adding a Menu Control to your forms so you can add an adequate (not the bulky one that comes by default with Dynamic Data ....

This main menu includes by default all entities contained in your database model and whose condition have been defined as "scaffoldable" or scaffold = true)

So I guess there must be a control who does that

In previous releases of Dynamic Data Stephen Naughton created something like that but his libraries in his sample model generates some kind of conflict if you try to use that solution 

Carlos N. Porars
    (El Salvador) 

Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:39 AM
  • User-326746839 posted

I'm talking about a way off adding a Menu Control to your forms so you can add an adequate (not the bulky one that comes by default with Dynamic Data ....

This main menu includes by default all entities contained in your database model and whose condition have been defined as "scaffoldable" or scaffold = true)

So I guess there must be a control who does that

In previous releases of Dynamic Data Stephen Naughton created something like that but his libraries in his sample model generates some kind of conflict if you try to use that solution 

Carlos N. Porars
    (El Salvador) 

Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:39 AM
  • User3866881 posted

Can you upgrate it to the lastest version?

And what conflict have you got now?

Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:39 PM
  • User-326746839 posted

Hi,

I'll check the newest updated version. In the past it was about the NotAClue libraries (dll's) that were giving me some kind of trouble, mostly because I also had to combine them with the libraries used by NotAClue for cascading and some other stuff taht Stephen had already developed and implemented. So, I had a kind of fusion of many of Naughton's solutions in a single project of mine

I'll give them a try 

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador) 

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:52 PM
  • User-330204900 posted

Hi Carlos, yes there is I have a sample on my blog however you cal alway e-mail me for the latest code which is also available from here my open source project. Eventually you will be able add any part to your site using NuGet :)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:44 AM