none
Opening connections is very slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all! i dont know why but opening a connection to my sqlazure database is very VERY slow...

like... take a look at this:

SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["bla"].ConnectionString);
    SqlCommand comm = new SqlCommand(conn,"Select * from tableTest");
    conn.Open();
    //The rest

The line conn.Open() takes about 5 sec to evaluate!!! thats way too long... my ping to the server is less than 100ms...
    Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi LeonardoIndex,

I suggest you take a look at the Windows Azure Status: Service Dashboard and check if there´s any performance degradation in the Region you´ve created your SQL Azure server. 

I assume you are testing this code (conn.Open()) from your local dev environment. I suggest you test that code within the Windows Azure network, put it on Web/Worker Role and deploy it there. Afterwards, check if you still have this problem. If not, it probably means that you have some network latency issues, on your end. Otherwise,  If the problem is still there... then I suggest you report a live site issue, select the impacted service under “Customer Support” and submit a ticket under “Performance Issues”.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo

Sunday, August 26, 2012 4:40 PM