CQWP cannot group by custom choice fields RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom content query webpart on my page, it is overridden from the base class and in code the viewfieldsoverride property is set with a bunch of custom fields. I can filter and sort just fine with these fields in my webpart in the settings. But if I try to group by any of them the error "unable to display this web part" appears instead of the results.

The fields are displayed in the group by dropdown, just not working. The built in fields like created by, title and work fine to group by.

All ideas are appreciated.

---FG---
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:40 PM CQWP (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Gustis,

It's hard to say what is the cause to the error, you need to check the more detailed relevant information from the 12\LOGS folder, and then we can analysis and decide what will do next.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:35 PM
  • Error while executing web part: System.ArgumentException: Column '{a6b6f2bc-ab7e-4e9d-a736-4605fdc943e5}' does not belong to table .     at System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)     at System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ContentByQueryWebPart.AddContentQueryData()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ContentByQueryWebPart.GetXPathNavigator(String viewPath)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.PrepareAndPerformTransform() 

That seems to be the error, the guid is the id of my column that isn't working.
    I can't really make anything out of it, as I said, the column is listed as an available column to group by in that drop down list.

---FG---
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 7:02 PM