SQL Server Migration Assistant 2008 for Access - Access Object Collector error: RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to run SQL Server Migration Assistant 2008 for Access on XP Pro SP3 with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition and Access 2000. I created the SSMA project, went to 'Add Databases' and selected the Northwind Access sample database. I receive the following message:

An error occurred while loading database content.
    Access Object Collector error: Database
    Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CD7791B9-43FD-42C5-AE42-8DD2811F0419} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
    An error occurred while loading database information.

I cannot find an explanation as to why this would occur or how to fix it. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will supply additional information as requested. Thank you for your time with this issue.

Best Regards,
    Howard

Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Howard,

Thank you for posting question here!

I did a test on this and all things went smoothly, here is what I did:

1.        Download Northwind Access 2000 Sample Database, and installed without any problem.

2.        Use SSMA 2008 for Access, add Nwind.mdb access database, make connection to SQL Server 2008 (I used SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Service).

3.        Convert schema and migrate data successfully.

So as to solve your problem, please check:

1.        Check the sample database (Nwind.mdb access 2000 database), make sure it is in not broken or corrupted.

2.        SSMA for Access are well installed.

3.        In case of permission issue, also try to run the SSMA for Access using Run as Administrator option.

Thanks,
    Chunsong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, March 29, 2010 6:18 AM
  • Greetings,

I un-installed everything related to SSMA. Also removed any related keys from the registry.
    I installed Ace OleDB provider version 12.0 (a.k.a) 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components - AccessDatabaseEngine.exe.
    Re-installed SQL Server Migration Assistant 2008 for Access and the application now works correctly.

Thank everyone for their assistance with this issue. It was greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Howard

Friday, April 2, 2010 5:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Howard,

Thank you for posting question here!

I did a test on this and all things went smoothly, here is what I did:

1.        Download Northwind Access 2000 Sample Database, and installed without any problem.

2.        Use SSMA 2008 for Access, add Nwind.mdb access database, make connection to SQL Server 2008 (I used SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Service).

3.        Convert schema and migrate data successfully.

So as to solve your problem, please check:

1.        Check the sample database (Nwind.mdb access 2000 database), make sure it is in not broken or corrupted.

2.        SSMA for Access are well installed.

3.        In case of permission issue, also try to run the SSMA for Access using Run as Administrator option.

Thanks,
    Chunsong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, March 29, 2010 6:18 AM
  • I think I've found a solution!!

• Proposed as answer by hgsmith Friday, April 2, 2010 4:59 AM
    • Edited by hgsmith Friday, April 2, 2010 5:02 AM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:39 PM
  • Greetings,

I un-installed everything related to SSMA. Also removed any related keys from the registry.
    I installed Ace OleDB provider version 12.0 (a.k.a) 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components - AccessDatabaseEngine.exe.
    Re-installed SQL Server Migration Assistant 2008 for Access and the application now works correctly.

Thank everyone for their assistance with this issue. It was greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Howard

Friday, April 2, 2010 5:00 AM
  • Hi,

I am having the same problem, did everything like u describe, but I still get the error and can't continue.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Friday, July 19, 2013 3:32 PM