How to filter a site map based on attributes RRS feed

• Question

•      Goal: To have a site map with two tabs, one for if the site is "set" an active client and another tab for inactive clients.

What I have come up with so far: I created a site map and on one tab I have "Active Clients" and on the other tab I have "Non Active Clients". I am using the content query tool part and it is using a custom list called "TestList" to pull info from. It has a filter that shows items when the "Site Status" is equal to "Non Active Client". Everything works so far, but when you click on one of the items in the display results it brings up a window to edit the item instead of taking you to the site.

From what I I've found looking around online, I may need to customize a style sheet. I'm not too sure how to do this. If there is a better way of obtaining my goal, please let me know.

Thanks,

• Edited by Chester64 Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:51 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Chester64,

According to your description, you said when you click on one of the items in the display results it brings up a window to edit the item instead of taking you to the site. So, your item is in your list, you can change the item URL. In SharePoint, you can create “Hyperlink or Picture” column, then add your site URL to your list.

If you want custom some styles in your SharePoint, you can do it with a small tool. You can refer to the following link.

http://spc.codeplex.com/

Thanks,

Jack

Monday, May 7, 2012 2:37 AM
  • I already have the URL column. The current columns I have in the list are URL, Title, and Site Status (a customized column).

Monday, May 7, 2012 1:35 PM
  • Hi chester64,

I’m not sure of your description. First, you have three column in your list, Title, Site Status, URL. When you click the title of your item, it brings up a window to edit the item instead of taking you to the site. I think this is normally. So, you want to achieve when you click on the title of item, it will redirect to your site.

I suggest you to do it as the following.

1. Open you list page of “AllItems.aspx” ,right click your list view web pat, then choose “Convert to XSLT Data view”
    2. Click your title column, do it as the following snapshot.

Thanks,

Jack

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 3:06 AM
  • Jack,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I need show you what I'm trying to do. Below is a screen shot of the sitemap I have and when I click on the site name, it is opening the edit item screen like I orginally posted above instead of the actual site.  In SharePoint designer, it doesn't seem to let me edit this page. I can edit the list that provides the info for this page though. Is that what needs to be edited? Also when i try to edit the "allitems.aspx" page as you advised, i can't find the "Convert to XLST Data view".

• Edited by Chester64 Thursday, May 10, 2012 1:51 AM reloaded image
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 5:11 PM
  • Hi Chester64,

I can’t see your screen shot.  Are you said you can’t edit your page? Are you the administrator of the site?  So, please look at my following screen shot, you will find the “Convert XLST Data view”.

Thanks,

Jack

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 11:37 PM
  • Here is a view from SharePoint Designer. This is the list for the sitemap page I posted above. When I right click this is the menu I get.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:29 PM
  • Hi Chester64,

Your view is not SharePoint default view. So, I suggest you to use SharePoint default view.

You can refer to the following links.

http://p2p.wrox.com/book-professional-microsoft-office-sharepoint-designer-2007-isbn-978-0-470-28761-3/74244-convert-xslt-data-view-menu-item-missing.html

http://www.sharepoint-tips.com/2007/05/sharepoint-designer-article-2-creating.html

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, May 11, 2012 3:39 AM