none
Error while rebuilding with scope RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting this error when rebuilding the solution saying that assembly reference missing. But all the references are correctly added as references for the solution. kindly assist urgently. Note: When the scope shape is removed the solution is compiled without any errors.

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, May 26, 2014 6:47 AM

Answers

• It's because you are using a Type in the Ibox.EDI namespace.  That .EDI is colliding the BizTalk's EDI.* namespace.

This is a behavior of the Orchestration Designer.  Sorry, there is no .Net way around this with a using alias or such as that is not supported.

You basically have two options:

1. Change Ibox.EDI to something else, such as Ibox.EDIProcessing
    2. Wrap any calls or classes in Ibox.EDI in a helper with a different namespace, then call them through the helper.

• Edited by Johns-305MVP Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, June 2, 2014 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:10 PM

All replies

• I Assume you mean project and not solution?

Have you tried cleaning the project? 

What are the Scope's "Transaction Type" Property set to?

Morten la Cour

Monday, May 26, 2014 8:36 AM
  • Hi Morten,

Sorry Yes, it is project and not solution. I had already tried cleaning the project but doesn't help. The transaction type is set to "none".

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, May 26, 2014 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

when u check the reference of the assembly that u have added to ur project... there is a property Copy Local.

Mark it true (Copy Local= true)

coz...it determines whether a reference is copied to the local bin path. At run time, a reference must be located in either the GAC or the output path of the project. If this property is set to true, the reference is copied to the output path of the project at run time.

If you deploy/copy an application that contains a reference to a custom component that is registered in the GAC, the component will not be deployed/copied with the application, regardless of the Copy Localsetting ----MSDN

Hope this helps. Coz i feel sometimes this creates this type of issue.

Regards

Monday, May 26, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Still the same error after changing the setting to true for all the references

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, May 26, 2014 10:33 AM
  • It's because you are using a Type in the Ibox.EDI namespace.  That .EDI is colliding the BizTalk's EDI.* namespace.

This is a behavior of the Orchestration Designer.  Sorry, there is no .Net way around this with a using alias or such as that is not supported.

You basically have two options:

1. Change Ibox.EDI to something else, such as Ibox.EDIProcessing
    2. Wrap any calls or classes in Ibox.EDI in a helper with a different namespace, then call them through the helper.

• Edited by Johns-305MVP Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, June 2, 2014 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:10 PM
  • Hi Boatseller,

The application is compiled without any errors in namespace when the scope is removed, so this must not be the issue. Kindly advice.

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, June 2, 2014 5:07 AM
  • Then there must be at least two issues, the error in the above graphic is definitely (absolutely for sure, it's quite common) because of the name space collision with Ibox.EDI.

When you say Scope, do you mean just the Scope Shape or everything in it as well?

Monday, June 2, 2014 11:07 AM
  • im talking about the scope shape.... I had previously tried adding it in the application for exception handling and then removed

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, June 2, 2014 11:22 AM