none
window 7 x64 system clock faster RRS feed

• Question

• the system clock of my window 7 x64 home premium  ( CPU : i5-460M) runs a little bit faster than normal

comparing with my old window xp ( should be x32)

(Assume normal ticking of clock to be  1.....2.....3.....4.....5.....) (5 dots between second)

in win xp , the clock ticks like this      ( 1.....2.....3.....4......5.....6.....) (one more dot between 4 and 5 )

for every 4-5 seconds, the next second ticks a bit slower, yet that doesn't affect the timing of the whole system

yet in win 7 , the clock ticks like        ( 1....2....3....4...5....6....) (4 dots between seconds and 3 dots between 4 and 5 )

each second comes a little little bit faster than normal and for every 4-5 seconds the next one comes faster

and this seems to be affecting the timing, especially in media players ( e.g. youtube, window media player...)

the songs are played a bit faster than normal

how can i solve the problem?

Friday, November 19, 2010 2:56 AM

All replies

• It does not look like you have any software written yet. Try the Windows forums on answers.microsoft.com instead.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:38 AM