TFS 2013.4 - Chart Labels to small RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are happily using the TFS charts in the web interface, but we are running into issues where some charts are only showing labels that are 7 characters long.

Is there a way to change the behaviour of the labels ? or are we able to create abbreviations on certain labels ?

some of the charts are useless because the first 7 characters arent always enough, especially if you have multiple labels starting with the same value. 

Lets say we have a "Found in Product" chart for our bugs, our products all start with "Product " so when you only see product, you cannot tell which is which.

Hope you you have any advise.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Nico

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:04 PM

Answers

• Hi nsijtsma,

I'm sorry that the label can't be change. I have checked in TFS 2015 and it still shows like that.

You could submit a User Voice about editing the label of charts at: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/330519-team-service, Microsoft engineers will evaluate it seriously.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Nico,

Thank you for posting here.

Does the chart you mean is the query Charts, or other feature? If you use query charts, could you please tell me which kind of chart you choose and if possible, could you please share a screenshot about how your chart designed?

>>Is there a way to change the behaviour of the labels ? or are we able to create abbreviations on certain labels ?

If you are using query charts, the "labels" is not supported to change.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:03 AM
  • yes i am referring to Work Item Query Charts.

As you can see in your right chart, the Bars, you already see the 4th one is "Product..." which is rather useless if you would have another label starting with Product.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Hi nsijtsma,

I'm sorry that the label can't be change. I have checked in TFS 2015 and it still shows like that.

You could submit a User Voice about editing the label of charts at: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/330519-team-service, Microsoft engineers will evaluate it seriously.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:29 AM