locked
First page of results not showing for Mobile:List control on Smartphone emulator RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1399102720 posted

    I have a custom control that is based on the mobile:List control on a form. The only thing custom about it is that it adds an attribute for using AccessKeys for items in the list. I have the ItemsPerPage attribute set at "8". In the SmartPhone 2003 SE emulator when I display the page that has this control, the first page of results doesn't appear. All that is shown is the link for "next page". Clicking on this link then shows the first set of 8 results.

    If I remove the ItemsPerPage attribute, the first page does show results, but it only show 4 items, then the next page of results shows 8 items. If I set the ItemsPerPage attribute to 4, then I get the expected results of 4 per page.

    Any idea on what I might be doing wrong here?

    The mobile form just consists of the following: first a Label control, then the List control, then a Footer template (inside a DeviceSpecific tag) that has 2 Link controls that link to other pages in the application. 

    My stupid Blackberry emulator is not working right now so I can't say how that is rendering at the moment. [:@] 

    Doesn't work on the BB emulator either. If I step through the debugger I see the results being bound to my control but it's as if the control doesn't even get rendered. Still debugging trying to figure this out.
     

    Monday, July 23, 2007 12:54 PM

Answers

  • User1399102720 posted

    Here's how I finally got it to work.

    The custom control from my first post was originally placed inside a web user control (.ascx). The user control was then placed on the web page.

    By placing the custom control directly on the web page (removing the extra layer of the web user control) the problem went away.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, November 16, 2007 11:41 AM