none
Where To Get Agent logging RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

As told by EDM Protocal, In Chapter Agent Logging , It tell us we can get logs such as mdmagent.pdb, mdmapprov.pdb and mdmsettingsprov.pdb. I set the registry as it told us and download the traceview. I want to know how can I get those logs.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MDM\Debug Settings]
    "EnableSyncmlLogging"=dword:00000001

Thursday, May 21, 2015 6:33 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately you cannot decode the traces by yourself. Public tracing is not available for Windows 8.1. If you are facing a specific issue, please post your question here. I can help you further.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

• Marked as answer by 林毅衡 Monday, May 25, 2015 7:07 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2015 12:20 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately you cannot decode the traces by yourself. Public tracing is not available for Windows 8.1. If you are facing a specific issue, please post your question here. I can help you further.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

• Marked as answer by 林毅衡 Monday, May 25, 2015 7:07 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2015 12:20 AM
  • Hi Prashant

I am also looking for help on getting a copy of the files (mdmagent.pdb, mdmapprov.pdb and mdmsettingsprov.pdb) for windows 10

I am an mdm developer and have an issue where the wifi csp is not working for certain devices, it just returns a 500 error when the csp details are EXACTLY the same between the devices that work/don't work.

The 'Microsoft-Windows-DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider/Admin' event log just gives the following error

"MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuration Source ID: (ED31B40C-94FD-4586-8CA0-23EABD6CD1BC), Enrollment Name: (MDMFull), Provider Name: (WiFi), Command Type: (CmdType_Add), CSP URI: (./Vendor/MSFT/WiFi/Profile/testwifi), Result: (Unspecified error)."

So I would like to enable the extra logging to pinpoint what exactly is wrong
    Could you help please?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:33 PM
  • I'd recommend the best course of action is to open a support case to help you further with the problems you are experiencing. Steps as follows:

1.) Go to herehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/assistedsupportproducts and search for Windows 10 Enterprise.

2.) Select the July 2015 produc and on the next screens select the Problem type = Mobile Device Management, Subtype = Resource Access Profiles -- which has the WiFi CSP.

3.) Click the "Start Request" button to start a support request. That should allow you to get in touch with a support engineer who can help you further.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 6:34 PM
  • ok thanks
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 9:49 PM