none
Small Basic 0.7 BUGs RRS feed

• General discussion

• The small basic version 0.7 still does not write '*' on Hungarian keyboard. Insted of changing the size of letters!
    (AltGr -)
    • Changed type litdevModerator Monday, March 1, 2010 8:17 PM A selection of comments/bugs for versin 0.7
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:18 AM

All replies

• What other characters are on the key for '*'?
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 7:28 PM
  • No other button for '*'.
    keyboard layout
    On Hungarian keyboard how can change the letter size bigger? AltGr Shift Ó (+) does not change!

Monday, October 26, 2009 12:13 PM
  • Hmm... the characters are all so differently placed on this keyboard.  I'll take a note to use a different mechanism than ScanCodes for the text zoom feature. 

Have you tried AltGr Shift 7 (=) for zoom up?
    Monday, October 26, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Sorry, the right combination for growing is: AltGr Shift Ó on HUNGARIAN keyboard. It is working now.

Monday, October 26, 2009 4:16 PM
  • Some times I want to be told I'm stupid and wrong - this is one of them:

TextWindow.ForegroundColor = "red
        TextWindow.WriteLine("This program should not run.")

Is the fact that this code actually works correctly intentional, or just an happy side effect of the way your parsing engine works?

Maybe this is a one of those rare bugs that could legitimately be called a 'feature'!

Best,

Jason.
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 2:19 AM
  • It also seems you don't need commas between parameter arguments either.

Image = ImageList.LoadImage(Program.Directory + "\AnyImage.png")
    GraphicsWindow.DrawResizedImage(Image 0 0 GraphicsWindow.Width * 0.2 GraphicsWindow.Height)
    Monday, November 2, 2009 1:16 AM
  • GraphicsWindow.GetPixel - still does not work
    Monday, November 2, 2009 9:26 AM
  • More specifically, GetPixel does work with the shapes added via GraphicsWindow.AddShape (Ellipse, Rectangle, etc). It does not seem to work in three ways:

• The background returns black (#000000) when nothing has been drawn on it, even though it look white.
    • When used in conjunction with Shapes.Move, the pixel colour is not returned at all
    • Some shapes seem to be shaded around the edges or something... the GetPixel method returns slightly different values from their stated colours around their edges
    Here is a sample programme that shows some of the working and broken parts (take out the background to see how #000000 is returned even with a "white" background):

GraphicsWindow.Show()
    'background:
    GraphicsWindow.BrushColor="White"
    GraphicsWindow.FillRectangle(0,0,640,450)
    'shapes:
    GraphicsWindow.BrushColor="Blue"
    GraphicsWindow.PenColor="Blue"
    ball=Shapes.AddEllipse(20,20)
    Shapes.Move(ball,300,100)
    GraphicsWindow.BrushColor="Black"
    GraphicsWindow.FillEllipse(100,100,20,20)
    GraphicsWindow.BrushColor="Red"
    GraphicsWindow.FillEllipse(200,100,20,20)

While ("True")
      x= GraphicsWindow.MouseX
      y= GraphicsWindow.MouseY
      c= GraphicsWindow.GetPixel(x,y)
      GraphicsWindow.Title = c
    EndWhile

GetPixel is a really handy command for teaching programming and I hope it gets fixed. When teaching kids without a good background in geometry, commands like GetPixel make it much easier to make simple games that require collisions - you can just check the colour of the pixel around the player to see if s/he's collided with anything.
    • Edited by willTthrill Monday, November 2, 2009 2:31 PM formatting
    Monday, November 2, 2009 2:31 PM
  • Some bugs I noticed :
    * New window still opened too far when we open many documents. The winPos param should be reset when we close a document and at least more quickly, because we then need to move our codes windows, because they dispear after the sidebar.
    * Extensions are not added as reference when exported to VB (causing 'Unknown reference' problems)

Exporting to VB is cool ! I think it's a good way to help beginners to switch to VB smootly.
    Fremy - Developer in VB.NET, C# and JScript ... - Feel free to try my extension
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 4:38 PM
  • Is this a bug in the shapes object or am I misunderstanding something? 

GraphicsWindow.Width=800
    GraphicsWindow.Height=600

' get an 800x600 image and display it
    map1 = ImageList.LoadImage(Program.Directory + "\800x600.jpg")
    GraphicsWindow.DrawImage (map1, 0,0)

' put the above image into a shape object and display it
    map2 = Shapes.AddImage(map1)
    Shapes.Move(map2,0,0)

In the above, map1 gets drawn at the expected 800x600, but map2 only takes up a quarter of the window at 400x300. What's going on here?

BTW, the same happens if I just directly do a map2=shapes.addimage(program.directory + "800x600.jpg")
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 9:00 PM
  • Is this a bug in the shapes object or am I misunderstanding something? 

GraphicsWindow.Width=800
    GraphicsWindow.Height=600

' get an 800x600 image and display it
    map1 = ImageList.LoadImage(Program.Directory + "\800x600.jpg")
    GraphicsWindow.DrawImage (map1, 0,0)

' put the above image into a shape object and display it
    map2 = Shapes.AddImage(map1)
    Shapes.Move(map2,0,0)

In the above, map1 gets drawn at the expected 800x600, but map2 only takes up a quarter of the window at 400x300. What's going on here?

BTW, the same happens if I just directly do a map2=shapes.addimage(program.directory + "800x600.jpg")

EDIT: Opening the images in mspaint and saving them fixes the problem. ô_o
    EDIT2: Saving them with Photoshop's "Save For Web & Devices..." works too, while saving them normally causes the problem described above.
    Friday, December 4, 2009 11:07 PM
  • If I play a sound (Sound.Play()) then try to play the same sound again in an event handler (notably MouseDown) I get an crash indicating "The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it".  I'm sure I can work around it for now.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:23 AM
  • If I play a sound (Sound.Play()) then try to play the same sound again in an event handler (notably MouseDown) I get an crash indicating "The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it".  I'm sure I can work around it for now.
    you have to use:

Sound.Stop(sound1)
    Sound.Play(sound1)

whenever you want to play the sound..

Live for nothing, OR CODE FOR SOMETHING!
    Friday, January 22, 2010 1:59 AM
  • I'm having trouble uploading an image to my graphics window. I would have started a new thread, but I can't find the function to do it. Can I even start a new thread.

Anyways, I was making a sample to test out putting my own images into small basic and they aren't showing up. What am I doing wrong? All I'm getting is a blank graphics window. Here's the sample.

GraphicsWindow.Height = 300

GraphicsWindow.Width = 500

gw = GraphicsWindow.Width
    gh = GraphicsWindow.Height

MrBopper = ImageList.LoadImage(Program.Directory + "\MrBopper.png")
    GraphicsWindow.DrawImage(MrBopper, 0, 0)

A mod can move this if they like, cause I've no idea how to make a new thread.

Sunday, July 11, 2010 4:16 AM
  • It is the exact path for the file MrBopper.png?

Check it with "TextWindow.WriteLine(Program.Directory)"

Best Regards Martin

Sunday, July 11, 2010 7:49 AM
  • I've gotten it to work by copy pasting the whole file path, but Program.Directory does not work.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 1:57 AM