How to do host clustering in Biztalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all ,

I have completed installation and configuration of biztalk on my both cluster nodes (Active and Passive).

1, Created the required hosts and host instances ( on both servers) and also added resource on my Veritas cluster then i am trying to make the host as cluster from the biztalk admin console. but the host i have added on cluster resource is not populating in drop down from biztalk admin console.

Could you please someone help me why it is not population on drop down? Thanks.

Monday, December 14, 2015 11:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• The option in to Cluster a Host in BizTalk Administrator is tied to Windows Clustering.

If you have already configured the Host Instances as cluster resources in a Veritas Cluster, then there is not need to do so in BizTalk Administrator.

To confirm, you should only Cluster a BizTalk Host in some very specific circumstances.  The result should be that only one instance of that Host is running at a time.

Monday, December 14, 2015 11:30 AM
  • Hi Suresh,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Review your cluster configuration steps.  Can you review whether

• You have configured the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) as a clustered resource before installing BizTalk Server on a cluster.
    • Network DTC access must be enabled on all BizTalk Servers and on the SQL Server before installing or configuring BizTalk Server

Use this document, this is good resource of clustering:

Improving Fault Tolerance in BizTalk Server by Using a Windows Server 2008 Failover Cluster or Windows Server 2003 Server Cluster

this covers some important steps like

• How to Create a Cluster Group
    • How to Cluster MSDTC
    • How to Cluster SSO and a BizTalk Host in the Same Cluster Group

I would suggest please have a look into below related thread for some reference,

Biztalk Host Clustering

Best practice for clustering BizTalk hosts with MSDTC?

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, December 14, 2015 1:31 PM