Alterations to DOM doesn't reflect in fiddler RRS feed

• Question

• User-85522823 posted
    I have one page where I am creating flash object dynamically. I need to change one of the object param value which is not possible from third party library I m using. So I have updated that from client side using jquery and it's working fine if I check it using browser inspector but when I inspect it in fiddler it's showing the old value. Does fiddler show the original DOM without any modifications by client side like browser view source does. Is there any to update DOM so that any tool get it.
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 1:13 PM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted
    Fiddler only shows network traffic. Any changes to the dom by client code will not be reflected in fiddler. To see the current dom, you use the browsers inspector.
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 3:14 PM
  • User-832373396 posted

<g class="gr_ gr_34 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="34" data-gr-id="34">Hi</g> <g class="gr_ gr_11 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" id="11" data-gr-id="11">smartymca</g>,

If you only want to catch the update DOM, a workaround, store the updated DOM to Cookie, ep. document.cookie="my cookie";

Then you catch the cookie using Fiddler.

With regards, Angelina Jolie

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 10:00 AM